Being a volunteer is a rewarding and fulfilling experience. It gives you the opportunity to meet and speak with attendees from all over the world, help out with speakers and much more. And volunteering is important because without you, the volunteers, WordCamp Vienna couldn’t be as accessible as it is.
As with WordPress who democratized publishing, allowing everyone to publish within minutes, WordCamps are the way we meet people and learn new things.
As a volunteer at WordCamp Vienna, you will:
- Get an inside look at the planning stages of the conference
- Be an essential part of the event on the day
- Have the opportunity to meet interesting WordPress people
- Be on the ground, meeting WordCamp attendees from all over the world
- Receive an exclusive, volunteer-only t-shirt
- Receive kudos for your time, attention and efforts
- Registration Crew – Check in registered attendees and hand out name tags. Give out WordCamp t-shirts and swag in the afternoon.
- Happiness Bar – Help other WordPress users with their sites.
- Room Monitor – Ensure room doesn’t get overcrowded and prevent noisy door slamming when people are entering and leaving the room.
- Time Keeper – Work with the MCs, video people, speakers, and everyone else working in the room to keep things running smoothly and on time!
- Mic Runner – During question and answer sessions, run the microphones around the room to wherever the next question is.
- AV/Photography – Help with documenting the event through video and photos.
- Green Room Monitor – Keep a watch over the room where speakers and volunteers leave their stuff.
- Food Crew – ensuring order is kept in the dining halls!
- Contributor Day – general helpers – reception, swag preparation.
- Set-up Crew – early on the Saturday morning we need a team of volunteers to put up signs around the venue (there will be breakfast pastries and coffee, etc. provided).